If you like a piece, feel free to leave the writer a comment. Show your support by becoming a Follower of this blog and/or the contributors' personal blogs.



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Green Sticky Tablecloth

Every day I am used.
People push and pull at me.
They lean on me.
They even prop their feet up on me.
but there’s no apology.
They don’t even clean me off.

No one cares about me.
Of course when
The men in charge come, they hide
Me away and show off my cousins,
With all of their fanciness.
But they never brag about me.
I guess I’m too plain for them.
I guess I’m too ordinary for them.

Ordinary is nice.
Why can’t they care about
Ordinary and plain?
I never hurt them.
I am ALWAYS there for them.
I just lay here
And take their abuse.
For is that not what
Their mommas taught
Them to do??

I love them
Why won’t they
Love me back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here